One of the goals of search engine optimization is to create well-written content, such as articles, press releases, and blog posts. This is why content writing is a must for anyone who owns a website. Original and interesting copies can help catch the attention of readers and increase web page rankings. Here are some things to keep in mind when crafting content for your website.
Content Writing Tips
Use persuasive headlines. These are the primary elements that will get the interest of people. This is similar to writing newspaper headlines. Your heading should entice your readers to crave for more. Stick to the standard density and length of keywords and keyword phrases. Ideally, the articles should be from 300 to 1,000 words. There are some directories, however, that do not accept articles lower than 500 words, so it would be better for you to use the standard word count, which is 500 words.
Do not deviate from your original topic. You may use a variety of styles to maintain the curiosity of readers but stay on your subject. Refrain from drifting away into irrelevant issues.
Optimize your article for search engines. Write based on a particular keyword and mention that keyword in your article several times. Keywords are important if you want your article to be visible in searches. When writing, it is best if you could integrate keywords into your writing in the most natural way. Use the keyword moderately and avoid stuffing your article with it. Keyword stuffing can make your article look messy, prompting your readers to shy away from your content.
Write according to the needs of your readers. Do not just write for search engines. Write for your readers as well. Know what information your intended readers are looking for and base your writing on it. Be as informative as possible about the topic, so that your readers will find your content extremely helpful. If you keep on providing information-rich articles, chances are your readers will come back to your website on a regular basis to see what other information you can offer. If not, your readers will easily find another source for the information they are searching for.
Write original content. Never copy and paste from other sources. Google penalizes duplicate content. Always make it a point to write only content that is original and not copied from any other website. To make sure that your content is really 100% original, you can run it on an anti-plagiarism software.
A compelling article provides excellent information about a certain topic. It is also well-written, making your readers believe that you are really an expert on the topic.
What to Avoid When Writing SEO Articles
Writing search engine optimized articles may do good for your website; however, there are certain SEO practices that you need to avoid when writing. Below are some of the things to avoid when writing SEO articles:
- Duplicate Content. Google punishes websites that use copied content simply for the sake of increasing links. Search engines are quite strict about quality and not the amount of links of a particular site.
- Using Weak Headlines. Weak headlines can ruin what could have been a very good article. Your heading should be short but catchy, so as to attract the attention of potential readers. It should also include the primary keywords. Likewise, your opening paragraphs should be as convincing as the title. It should include a concise summary of the article and compel readers to finish reading your entire article.
- Using Filler Words. Avoid using too many words that may be unrelated to the topic. These words could just turn off your readers because they could make the article appear inappropriate. Your competitors will surely benefit from this error in judgment.
- Keyword Stuffing. Stuffing of keywords is not tolerated in online writing. Primary keywords should only be used at a maximum of three to five percent while the secondary keywords must be utilized once or twice in the article.
- Writing in Haste. This can waste your content. Go slowly on the facts and do your research well. Use various resources to make your content more credible. There is nothing wrong in beating deadlines, but this is not a justification for badly written content. Proofread for any grammatical and spelling errors before posting.
Content writing is a must for search engine optimization. If you want your website to rank in search engines and for it to be easily found by your target readers, consider posting some informative content on your website on a regular basis.